Monday, January 27, 2020

Low Carb Tomato Soup


My daughter asked for tomato soup so I Googled "low carb homemade tomato soup" and several came up. The problem was that they all started with whole tomatoes which I didn't have time for. I threw this together as I went and thought it was really, really good.

In a medium saucepan add:

✅ 1 can (15 oz) tomato sauce (lowest carb you can find. I use Hunts with 4g total/2g net carbs)
✅ 1 can (15 oz) unsalted chicken broth
✅ 2 tsp dried basil
✅ ¼ tsp onion powder
✅ ¼ tsp of salt, or to taste
✅ pepper to taste

Simmer on stove stirring occasionally until it thickens - about 10 minutes. Turn off heat and add:
✅ 1 Tbsp heavy cream

Mine made about 20 oz when done. I'm cautious with cooked tomatoes for Samuel, so we had small 4 oz servings ~ just enough to dip our grilled turkey & cheese sandwiches in. So that made our servings about 3 net carbs each. 😋



No comments:

Post a Comment