Friday, May 5, 2017

Local Cafe

I've been wanting to try a new restaurant in our small town (Black Bird Cafe). I looked at their menu online and found a few things that looked promising. I called and explained my son is T1 and we don't eat sugar. I asked about their burgers (do they contain bread crumbs?) and their grilled chicken (is it brined/marinated in sugar or orange juice?) And they assured me they didn't, so we tried it.

I pre-bolused Regular as we were leaving the library (5 minutes away) and headed there. We each got 1/3 lb double cheeseburgers with no buns and a grilled chicken salad that we split. 

Lunch was delicious and the restaurant is adorable like a cottage tea room. I was a little worried he'd get a protein spike a few hours later, but all was well. The graph at the bottom shows from the time I bolused for lunch until I bolused at dinner. He averaged 78 all afternoon. He had a brief rise to 92, but then came down on this own. I having new restaurant options!


Image may contain: one or more people and food


No comments:

Post a Comment