Friday, June 23, 2017

Sno-Cones

We went to a fun event at our library today with pony rides, puppy dogs and a merry-go-round as part of our summer reading program.

Our wonderful librarian called me earlier in the week to forewarn me that the treat would be sno-cones.

No problem! I added some of our sugar-free blueberry syrup to a recycled ketchup squeeze bottle. My kids asked for plain cups of ice and we made our own. The kiddos had a great time, enjoyed sno-cones like all the other kids and no blood sugar spike!

Samuel sported his "gear" belt and his CGM sensor without a care in the world.


Note:  we do the same thing at sno-cone stands.  Some sno-cone stands sweeten with stevia or sucralose (Splenda), but lots use powdered Equal as the sweetener which contains dextrose and/or maltodextrin which will spike a T1.  I always take my own syrup to be safe.

Image may contain: 2 people, child and outdoor

No comments:

Post a Comment