Thursday, September 28, 2017

Fried "Apples"

This is a favorite dish for us - it is ALWAYS in my fridge. We eat it pretty much every single day.  No joke!

A few things I've learned and serving suggestions....

🔸The recipe states 1 zucchini, but since they vary in size a lot, I got different results. I do 3 cups cubed up to match the recipes other ingredient amounts.
🔸You need to peel and take most the seeds out so it doesn't get gummy and mushy.
🔸I add a little bit of sugar-free vanilla syrup (Torani or Jordan's) for extra flavor.
🔸Sautee time is usually about 20 minutes for me - the sauce starts thickening and coating around the 10 minute mark.
🔸I also usually add 1 tsp of apple oil for extra apple-goodness after turning the heat off, but it's good even without.
🔸Jicama is also good. If you like firm, crispy apples you might like jicama better.

It's delicious as a side of its own. Or serve with Walden Farms pancake or maple walnut syrup and a splash of heavy cream. Or in plain yogurt. Yum!!!

I triple, even quadruple, the recipe and put in to-go cups for the kids lunches.


http://mariamindbodyhealth.com/fried-apples/


No comments:

Post a Comment