Sunday, October 1, 2017

French "Apple" Tart

I couldn't find what I was looking for to I made up my own. I really just merged 2 existing recipes. The crust is the same pastry recipe I use to make my homemade pastry cones and the "apples" are the fried "apples" recipe. (Search blog for recipes.)  

I am REALLY happy with how this turned out. One child deemed this their favorite dessert of all time.

Technique:

* Make "apples" using all zucchini per the recipe. Saute until any liquid is very thick. Set aside to cool.

* Make pastry dough per my recipe (in Dessert album). Spread out on parchment lined baking sheet into a round (like pizza dough), 9-10". Dock with a fork and bake for 10 minutes.
* Pull out of oven and let cool for about 3 minutes.
* Place "apples" in center, up to about 1 1/2" from the edge. Fold edges in over "apples". I use a wooden spoon to help because it's HOT. Hold for just a second to keep shape going all the way around. Bake an additional 8 minutes.
* Pull back out. Should be firm enough to carefully move to a metal baking sheet - no parchment - this is when it will crisp up. Bake an additional 5-8 min.
* Let cool before carefully cutting.
* Glaze crust with Walden Farms pancake or maple walnut syrup for flavor and shine.

Serves 6.
3 net carbs per slice.



No comments:

Post a Comment