Saturday, April 7, 2018

Wedding Excitment



My kids were in their first wedding today so we had a lot of "firsts", excitement and some nervousness. I honestly didn't know what all this would equate to blood sugar-wise.
We had to arrive at the church at 11:30am for prep/photos, but the wedding wasn't until 3pm. And because of Samuel's shirt being tucked in and his suspenders, he couldn't wear his "gear belt" that holds his CGM and phone which shares to my phone - meaning Mama was flying blind because he was often in one part of the church and I was in another.

I brought our own lunch so we ate our normal foods. I broke away to check on him, but much of the day he just had instructions to come get me if his CGM beeped. I simply had to trust the process - we do what we do because it gives as predictable results as possible.

They had a taco bar at the reception (how cool is that?) so I think we could have chosen wisely, but there were about 400 guests and while I know our friends would have told me to jump the line to make his plate, that many people made me a bit nervous with his pre-bolus timing. So we went out to eat instead. It turned out the only small spike of the day was because the restaurant served the food quickly so his pre-bolus was cut a little short. But, in all, I'm REALLY happy with today's control.
 
Image may contain: 7 people, including Michelle Hairer Thayer, people smiling

No comments:

Post a Comment