Saturday, June 23, 2018

Correction Shots

How I prep syringes for our friend/neighbor to be able to do corrections while Samuel is at their house.

I asked our pharmacy for a tall pill container. I fill the syringes with a few different doses and write the dose using a super-fine Sharpie on the end of the syringe plunger and on the cap itself. (Note: you can only put the cap back on over the plunger if your dose is about 2u or less.) Then just put the pre-filled syringes in the pill container. My friend keeps these in her fridge.

They text me his blood sugar and I tell her which dose to use. Easy peasy.

Note just for clarification...
we dilute to a 1:4 ratio, so "1" is actually a 0.2u correction, "1.5" is 0.3u, and "2" is 0.4u. The beauty of this is that my friend doesn't need to know any of this. She's just pulling out the number listed on the syringe that I tell her.


No comments:

Post a Comment