Thursday, November 22, 2018

Thanksgiving! Have Food; Will Travel

Happy Thanksgiving to those in the US!  This is the first year since Samuel's T1 diagnosis that I haven't hosted Thanksgiving at home.  Today we're going to my sisters house. I don't expect anyone (family, friends, schools, churches, etc) to accommodate our lifestyle. Type 1 diabetes is our burden and managing it via low carb foods is our choice.

To make this work (I hope!) I bring everything we'll need to enjoy the festivities and stay low carb.  I bring a little extra for people to try, but not enough to overshadow the work that my sister is putting into hosting.

Here's what we're bringing along:

Fried "Apples" (aka zucchini)



Mashed Cauliflower



Turkey Gravy



Stuffing (using my Rustic Faux-Wheat Bread)



Candied Nuts (Walden Farms 0 carb syrup)



Pumpkin Cheesecake Pie


I made everything on Wednesday and packed it up in spill-proof containers.  I also have a jar of Walden Farms cranberry sauce and some sugar-free whipped cream for the pie.  We're all packed up and ready to go!


We hope everyone has a happy, healthy and safe Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

  1. Looks wonderful! I made the same pie and, although not as pretty as yours, it was delicious!

    ReplyDelete