Friday, December 21, 2018

Sandwich Kick

We've been on a low carb sandwich kick lately - they're fast, easy, and delicious. 

My workload at work ebbs and flows - sometimes it's really light and other times, like now, I can work 60+ hours a week and still be behind.  Sometimes I need easy, consistent meals out of necessity and sandwiches fit the bill.  When I have more time, they'll get snazzier meals.

I've been making a new bread for the kids that is dairy-free for Samuel's Hashimoto's, so they eat their sandwiches in that.  Sides are usually easy things like raw veggies or sauteed "apples" or sweet & salty brussel sprouts that I make in big batches. (Note: Samuel can only do a small amount of peas at lunch; they don't work at dinner.)

The half sandwiches pictured are my meals on half a Smartbun - quite a bit smaller than the kids (because I'm less active and obviously not growing).



No comments:

Post a Comment