Wednesday, April 17, 2019

Low Carb "Sugar" Cookies

The first time I made these I thought they were ok.  I made a couple of small tweaks and everyone loved them the 2nd time.

Recipe link:
https://swervesweet.com/recipes/classic-italian-christmas-cookies

Tweaks:
✔️ I don't love anise cookies so I made vanilla the first time, but they were bland.  2nd time around I used almond extract in the cookie and the icing.  (Almond cookies are the best simple cookie in my opinion.)

✔️ First time I used Swerve in the dough and icing, but the dough texture seemed "off".  2nd time I used xylitol in the dough and confectioners Swerve for the icing.  Use whatever sweetener works for your blood sugar.

✔️  First time I made 24 cookies per the recipe, but they got a bit hard/too firm.  2nd time I made 12 bigger cookies.  This let the bottoms get crispy, tops firm, but still cakey in the middle.  I baked for 18-20 minutes. The texture was phenomenal!



Sprinkles are optional.  You can read my thoughts on sprinkles here:

https://happyhealthythriving.blogspot.com/2019/04/to-sprinkle-or-not.html?m=1

No comments:

Post a Comment