Tuesday, July 30, 2019

Strawberry Snow

Oh my gosh, this is so fun!  Apparently, my husband grew up eating this, but had since forgotten about it.  I had never heard of it.  A few months ago, my husband was visiting his parents who gave him a bunch of old books.  One of those books was Children's Digest from 1972.  In it we found this recipe. It's super simple and very light and refreshing.  

The recipe calls for strawberry jello, but use whatever sugar-free jello flavor you like.  Reminder... a lot of sugar-free jello has maltodextrin which is a sneaky name for sugar, so be sure to avoid those!

This dessert/snack is essentially flavored egg whites.  The texture stays like whipped egg whites, but is slightly sweet and has the flavor of the jello.   This dessert is 0 carbs and about 7g of protein from the egg whites, but it makes about 6 servings, so I don't even have to count this towards Samuel's bolus.  He has about a 1 cup dish as a serving.




No comments:

Post a Comment