Sunday, August 18, 2019

90 Second Cake: Orange Cream and Chocolate

This morning I was busy gardening (read: weeding) outside.  When I came in to decide what I was going to do for lunch, it dawned on me it was Sunday (Dessert Day) and I had nothing made.  

GASP!

I thought about what quick desserts I have in my repertoire, but could also make something new with.  Two ideas came to mind.  Then an orange and chocolate concoction came together in my mind. I love orange and chocolate together, so I decided to give a it a go.

First I made an orange flavored 90 second cake.  This is a recipe I've posted before.  I just changed out the vanilla extract for orange.  Easy easy.  I let it cool and sliced it in half for 2 servings.  Click this link to the 90 second cake recipe.

Then I made Puppy Chow (aka Muddy Buddies).  The refular version of this uses Chex cereal.  This low carb version uses fluffy pork finds.  Click this link to the Puppy Chow recipe.  

Both of these recipes can be made in about 10 minutes.  I added some whipped cream, low carb chocolate sauce, and decorated with the Puppy Chow.  The Puppy Chow is really rich, so the not-so-sweet orange cake went really well with it.



It made a pretty star shape from the top.


No comments:

Post a Comment