Sunday, August 25, 2019

Grilled Lunch & Dessert

It's raining today, but we found a brief window to do some fast grilling.  My husband took care of grilling burgers and chicken, while I prepped the sides.  We let the kids mix and match protein and veggies.

Evie picked burgers and parmesan roasted green beans.

Samuel picked grilled chicken, cinnamon cauliflower rice, and a small amount of peas.

For dessert they had Chewy Walnut Flour Chocolate Chip cookies.  I had to make some modifications...

1) sub butter to make dairy-free
2) Lakanto spikes Samuel so I used Swerve brown sugar. (I think this gave it an "off" taste. Next time I'll just use more granular Swerve or birch xylitol.)
3) I omitted the monk fruit extract completely. It was plenty sweet without for us.

https://www.carolinesketokitchen.com/2018/12/chewy-walnut-flour-chocolate-chip




No comments:

Post a Comment