Wednesday, September 4, 2019

Precision Counts

This afternoon Samuel was a bit high (127mg/dL) so I was thinking about how insulin I wanted to correct with.

OriginallyI was going to do 1.5u, but then thought that might not be enough. My husband was in the room and I mentioned I might do 2.0u and he was a little hesitant thinking it might be too much. But, he said "you're darned if you do, you're darned if you don't" so we compromised and I did 1.75u.

EXCEPT we're not talking about FULL units here. We dilute insulin to a 4:1 ratio so we are really talking about a difference of 0.3u vs 0.4u. So the compromise of "1.75u" was actually a correction of only 0.35u which ended up bringing him down to 76mg/dL (CGM leveled off there), which puts us in a much better position for his dinner bolus. Perfect!!  🥰


No comments:

Post a Comment