Saturday, June 13, 2020

New Diner for Breakfast

We tried a new diner for breakfast today. I ordered the kids ham, bacon, sausage, and cheddar omelettes and Samuel had tomato in his. Right after I ordered I realized I didn't verify if they make their omelettes from scratch with cracked eggs so I quickly found our waitress to confirm that they do use fresh eggs. Whew!  This is the biggest omelette I've ever seen - probably 4 eggs and a huge amount of cheddar cheese ~ it was easily 1 lb!

The reason for the fresh, cracked eggs?  A lot of restaurants, particularly diner-type restaurants, have a trick to make omelettes light and fluffy.  The trick?  Pancake batter!  They mix pancake batter in with eggs to make the omelette light and airy.  But this can wreak havoc on a diabetics blood sugar, especially when they're not expecting it!  So, always ask to be sure!




No comments:

Post a Comment