Saturday, May 20, 2017

CGM Experiment #2. Non-D daugher, 15 months younger than my T1 son

After my CGM experiment a month ago, I was feeling pretty good about Samuel's fluctuations because I saw similar on myself. However comparing a 40 year old female to a 6 year old child wasn't apples to apples. So, Evie agreed to wear a CGM and endure finger pricks to see how a child with a fully functioning pancreas works.

Honestly, I was a little bummed about the results. Not because of her results... they're awesome!! But because I realized I'm not as good of a human pancreas as I thought I was. BUT, Samuel is stable - he has the lowest A1c and Standard Deviation that we can achieve and I have to humble myself and remember... I am NOT a pancreas.

So with all that disclosed, here are her results. Remember, she eats IDENTICAL to her brother... 18 net carbs per day.

The first report shows all of her stats for the whole 2 weeks. Black info are actual finger pricks, blue are CGM sensor readings. Data at the bottom shows highs, lows, and standard deviation. Her 2 week average was 83 (finger pricks) /77 (CGM) mg/dL with a standard deviation of 6/10.


As a comparison, Samuel's stats for this same 2 weeks, eating the EXACT same foods, were 86/82 mg/dL with a standard deviation of 23. Interesting overall BG is pretty close, but not nearly as tight of control.


No automatic alt text available. 

Evie's week 1 CGM sensor readings.

No automatic alt text available. 

Evie's week 2 CGM sensor readings.

No automatic alt text available.
  
Samuel's 2 week summary eating identical foods to Evie.

No automatic alt text available.  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment