Thursday, May 3, 2018

Crispy Low Carb Pizza

This is my take on a fathead-style pizza.  My husband says what he dislikes about most LC pizza is that it's trying too hard to be like wheat pizza when it's obviously not.  Of all the pizza I've made, this is his favorite. (He grew up just outside NYC and is picky about his pizza, so I take this as a compliment, lol!)  This pizza gets quite crisp if rolled thin, but still has a little chew.  I included some pics to try to help guide the thickness.

NOTES:
1) I never use pre-shredded cheese.  I grate my own.
2) You can cover the edges of your pizza with aluminum foil after your toppings are on to prevent over browning.

RECENT EDIT /VARIATION:

I was recently making this and as I was dumping in the almond flour (because I bake by weight, not volume) I accidentally added too much.  Instead of trying to scoop it out I decided to leave it and see what happened. Turns out we lived it!  The original amount (85g) makes a more cracker-like crust. The "oops!" amount (110g ~ a little less than a cup) makes for a breadier dough.  Both are good... just a little different.




No comments:

Post a Comment