Thursday, January 24, 2019

Sleeping Through The Night

Waking up today marks the THIRD night in a ROW that we've all slept through the night with no CGM alerts.  I'm pretty certain this is an all-time record.  My non-diabetic friends right now are thinking "huh?".  But my fellow T1 friends/parents of T1's... you know what I'm talkin' 'bout!

There are all kinds of night-time diabetic routines.  What is yours?  🤔

Ours is to trust our CGM.  I don't set alarms to wake up to do night checks unless our CGM that day has been uncomfortably "off".  Maintaining good blood sugar at night is SO important to health, but so is sleep.  During the day I set CGM alerts to 65-105.  At night, I set it to 65-120. I find Samuel has a natural circadian rhythm were he often drifts up to about 115 until about midnight and then drifts back down.  So I set his CGM alerts to allow that to happen (if/when it does), but to not let it get too high.  

Balance... great BG and sleep are needed for the health of our WHOLE family.


No comments:

Post a Comment