Friday, March 1, 2019

Low Carb in Nashville, TN

I was just in Nashville, TN for a week and found it an easy city to stay low carb in.  I ate in nice restaurants, bar-type restaurants, my hotel restaurant, mall restaurants and even a gas station when I was in a pinch.  All of them offered something I could eat.

I also drank a lot of coffee from a lot of coffee shops and every single one of them had sugar-free syrups/sweetener and didn't bat an eye when I asked for my latte be made with heavy cream or half and half.

Here are a few of my favorites...

Grilled Salmon with pureed butternut squash and charred brussel sprouts.



Some days I work from secure facilities where I have to be metal detected and have bags searched.  I dislike having to leave just to go through that process again.  So I always take LC snacks in so I don't have to leave.  I also had jerky, but forgot to take a pic.



Seafood stuffed tilapia with grilled shrimp and a cream lobster sauce.  It was amazing!



Hotel room service of beef brisket chili with no beans.  Topped with cheddar cheese and dill sour cream.



My hotel had an omelet bar.  I watched the person in front of me get theirs made and the egg mixture clearly had some sort of batter in it.  This is a restaurant trick to make omelets light and fluffy. And full of hidden wheat and carbs.  I asked for my omelet to be made with fresh cracked eggs, which the cook had handy right at his station.  Sausage, bacon, pepper, tomato omelet - yummy.



My co-worker and I checked out a winery where we got a block of gouda to go with our wine.  Great light snack.



Grilled chicken sandwich - no bun - topped with melted gouda and aioli.



I had some really good coffee in Nashville.  This was one of the prettiest from a coffee shop in the Gulch.



I went to a cool restaurant downtown that made me a craft whiskey sour that I asked to not be sweet. The bartender did a great job - beautiful and tasty.



And at that same cool restaurant, I got a delicious salad with strawberries, pecans, feta, red onions, and blackened salmon.



Over-easy eggs with chipotle sauce, lots o' bacon and sausage.



This day I was driving in a 3 vehicle caravan and we only had a few minutes to stop for lunch.  Look what I found at a rural gas station in TN!  Pepperoni, cheese, almonds, and a hard boiled egg.  Add a diet soda and I'm all set.  Score!



Grilled chicken smothered in cheese and mushrooms and southern style green beans.



I had a great time in Nashville.  Every time I travel, I'm convinced more and more that staying LC can be easy peasy!  Happy travels!

No comments:

Post a Comment