Tuesday, March 26, 2019

Low Carb in... Orlando, FL

My most recent work trip took me to Orlando, FL.  I had beautiful weather the whole time and lots of great low carb food. Here are a few of my favorites (or ones I remembered to take pics of).

This is actually on the way to Orlando via a layover at Charlotte Douglas Airport.  There's a great BBQ restaurant there.  Smoked turkey, green beans, tomatoes cucumber salad...


A great grilled salmon salad with pecans, pears, bacon, and an avocado ranch dressing.  The pears were a bit sweet so I just had one...


When I travel I mostly stay at Hilton hotels (points, baby!) and particularly Embassy Suites because the stay includes a really good breakfast...


This Chicken Florentine and mixed grilled veggies was amazing!...


Another reason I love Embassy Suites is because every night between 5:30 - 7:30 they have an "Evening Reception" included with your stay.  Free snacks, wine, beer and mixed drinks for 2 hours.  Yes please!  Depending on the hotel location, some are more low carb friendly than others.  This one is Orlando was great.  Here were some of my snacks...




Grilled chicken house salad with feta, vinaigrette dressing and French onion soup, no croutons...


Simple blackened salmon and grilled veggies...


My co-worker and I went to this fantastic Korean BBQ restaurant.  I love being able to order a variety of meats and cook it how I like it.  And I love all the sides on the table. We had... Ribeye, Beef Bulgogi, Marinated Pork, Shrimp, and Steamed Egg Bowl.  A few pics...







Meatball sub, minus the sub, topped with marinara and melted cheese.  My waiter though ordering like this was genius! 😂
Roasted asparagus, zucchini, and peppers...


On my way home and another layover in Charlotte.  This time I went to Bad Daddy's Burger Bar.  They have lots of great burgers or you can build your own.  This is one has Monterey jack cheese, 3 pieces jalapeno bacon(!), 3 pieces of Maplewood smoked bacon and baconnaise.  No bun of course.  I was stuffed, but it was awesome!...


No comments:

Post a Comment