Sunday, May 5, 2019

Cinco de Mayo Dinner

Ok, so this isn't really a Mexican dinner, but it was delicious.  To be honest with you, I didn't even remember it was May 5th until around 4pm.

I marinated chicken breasts in lemon juice, oil, salt and seasoning for about 8 hours (prepped in a zip top bag after breaksfast).  Then I just threw them on the grill for dinner.  For sides, I served green beans and a cauli-rice stir fry found at Wal-Mart (frozen). 

Disclaimer... This cauli rice has peas, red peppers, spring greens, corn and tamari soy sauce.  This is the first time Samuel has had it, but BG so far is very good.  A serving is 105g and is 5 net carbs.  He had 70g. I actually made sure his serving had a small amount of peas and only a few kernels of corn.


So, since I had just recently realized it was Cinco de Mayo, I made myself a low carb margarita (a double if I'm still being honest).  I made it in a mason jar, but then got lazy so I just scooped out the ice cube I shook with it and added some fresh ice.  This is the beauty of living in the country... drinking out of a mason jar is always appropriate. 😂 You can search the blog for this recipe or look in the 'Drinks' topics.


No comments:

Post a Comment