Sunday, September 22, 2019

Decorated Shortbread Cookies

My daughter and I were on vacation last week and she found a cupcake shaped cookie cutter she wanted so I told her we'd make cookies for dessert on Sunday. I used this shortbread cookie recipe, but swapped coconut oil for the butter to make it dairy-free. That makes it a bit harder to work with, but still doable.  I also had to bake it a few extra minutes until firm.

I added strawberry extract and a little red food coloring for a pink'ish cupcake. The icing is Swerve confectioners with almond extract and a little almond milk - mix until smooth. Just put the icing in a Ziploc baggie and snip the corner to pipe onto the cookie..  I used KNOW chocolate chips for decorations and added a little whipped cream on the side (almond milk whipped cream for Samuel).

About 3-4 net carbs.


No comments:

Post a Comment