Wednesday, October 30, 2019

Grilled SmartBun Sandwich


Ok, I admittedly make odd sandwiches from time to time, but man, this one was good!  And I FINALLY figured out how to grill a SmartBun without burning it!  You turn it inside out.  Hmm, does that make sense?  So the sides that would normally be on the outside were facing in.  It grilled beautifully! 

Fry a breakfast sausage patty and fry an egg - set aside.  I toasted mine in bacon grease or you could use butter. While the bottom piece was toasting I added Walden Farms apple jelly, cheese, turkey, my sausage patty, the egg, a little more apple jelly, and then the top bun. By now the bottom should be golden brown (but peek to check), carefully flip your sandwich over and let the top brown. 

It's a little messy and oozy, but so gosh darn good.  Lots of protein and practically 0 net carbs. 😍



No comments:

Post a Comment