Thursday, October 10, 2019

First Watch Cafe

I stumbled upon First Watch around lunchtime one day and decided to give it a try.  The menu was primarily breakfast, waffles/pancakes, omelets and sandwiches. And fresh squeezed juices looked really popular.

When I sat down my waiter asked if wanted coffee.  Yes, please!  He poured for me and left the carafe on the table.  I love pouring my own coffee when I want.  A pet peeve of mine at restaurants is having my coffee topped off - it totally messes with my creamer to sweetener ratio!  One note... the restaurant only offered sugar in the raw and stevia in the raw. I use Splenda in my coffee and fortunately had some in my purse.

I ordered The Works omelet - bacon, sausage, ham, grilled onions, mushrooms and 2 different cheeses, with fresh tomatoes and sour cream on top. My side was a simple dressed greens salad.  It also came with toast, and as a side note, they offered Udi's gluten free bread for no additional charge.  I went ahead and ordered it to try it. I didn't eat it all to keep my meal low carb, but it was quite good! (If Samuel had been with me, I wouldn't have ordered it. I think it was 12 carbs and some T1's might be able to dose for that, but it's not something I would have tried.) The waiter also asked if I ordered the gluten free bread because of an allergy or just preference - I love an educated staff!


As I was winding down, the waiter brought me a fresh pot of coffee (despite only drinking half of mine) and asked if I wanted a to-go cup. 😍

This was a lovely little restaurant with great service. I'll definitely be back!

No comments:

Post a Comment