Tuesday, January 1, 2019

Dairy-Free Pizza

Since going dairy-free, I haven't taken a stab at pizza.  What I don't want to do is replace cheese with a soy-based cheese-like product, so I'm really limited.  Then I wondered......what would pizza taste like without cheese?  🤔

So I found a dairy-free low carb crust recipe online.  Added our usual sauce and pepperoni.  I honestly didn't think this was going to fly with the kids or hubby.  The kids took a couple of bites and declared it "really good" and then asked what made it dairy-free (they're still learning on this topic). When I pointed out there is no cheese on it, they said "......oh yeah!". LOL

My husband took a bite and looked at me as he chewed (I was thinking "ut oh!"). His comment was that it was surprisingly good with no cheese.  Whew!

It's different, for sure, but good.  And different isn't necessarily a bad thing, right?

This crust gets really crispy and firm (sort of like a thick cracker) so you can load it up... next time I'll add more meat and maybe some veggies.  Another thing to keep in mind is just a quarter of this pizza crust is a 1/2 cup of almond flour so keep that in mind if you're T1 and bolusing insulin!


Link to the crust I used:

https://www.wholesomeyum.com/recipes/paleo-pizza-crust/



No comments:

Post a Comment