Friday, January 4, 2019

Pizza Frittata (Dairy-free)

There are probably low carb, dairy-free pizza frittata recipes out there, but I've seen nor heard of it.  My 7 yo daughter came up with this idea, so I'm giving her credit. 😁 At first I thought it sounded kind of gross, but the idea grew on me enough to try it.

I don't have a recipe per se... just winged it as I went.  I made ours dairy-free, but it'd be delicious with cheese too.

12 eggs, beaten
Seasoned with salt, pepper, garlic, basil, oregano and red pepper flakes.

Melt butter or olive oil in an oven safe skillet.  Start as if you're making an omelet or scrambled eggs.  Cook eggs until mostly set - smooch down and smooth a bit.  Think of this as your "pizza crust"


Then add your pizza sauce...


Then add your toppings (meats should be pre-cooked)...


Broil (500+°) for about 6 minutes or until golden brown...


I treat pizza sauce as a fast carb, so I paired it with slow acting veggies... cinnamon "maple" riced cauli and fried "apples" (zucchini).  Meal was about 8 net carbs.


BG at 12:30 = 77
BG at 3:00 = 92
BG at 5:00 = 88

No comments:

Post a Comment