Monday, January 7, 2019

Quick & Easy: Chili & Cold Sides

Easy dinners are a must for us.  After working a 9 - 5 job the last thing I feel like doing is starting a complex dinner.  But compromising the health of my family, especially my T1's blood sugar, is never an option.  This is why I'm such a huge proponent of making things in big batches.  Which made up most of tonight's dinner (and every weekday dinner).

On Sunday, I made a huge pot of LC chili... about 8 lbs of chili to be exact.

I also have about 18 deviled eggs in the fridge (whites split and the yolk mixture in a zip-top bag with the corner cut; then just pipe the yolk into the egg white as you need them).  Instant Pots are awesome for hard boiled eggs!

I have about 2 lbs of carrot & "apple" salad made.

The only thing I had to add to this dinner was a cup of pre-made guacamole and some bell pepper sticks.

This was all thrown together quicker than Samuel's 20-minute pre-bolus.  💪


No comments:

Post a Comment