Sunday, June 9, 2019

Magic Shell on Everything!

Low Carb Magic Shell might be my downfall.  I seriously love this stuff.  Today is dessert day and we just had ice cream, but I wanted to dress it up.

A couple of days ago I made a big batch of low carb "candied" walnuts.  I put some in the freezer to get cold.  Then I dipped them in the Magic Shell and put back in the freezer for a minute.  Repeated to get a good coating.

Dish out your favorite low carb ice cream.  Drizzle Magic Shell on top and stick in the freezer for 30 seconds.  Top with low carb whipped cream and your chocolate coated "candied" walnuts and viola!  Dessert is served!  🍧


Link to Magic Shell recipe, along with some modifications I've made to it:
Chocolate Magic Shell

Here's how I make "candied" walnuts:

I makes this in big batches!  Add walnuts, Walden Farms pancake or maple walnut syrup (or your favorite syrup), birch xylitol or Swerve, and cinnamon (to taste). Stir and bake at 300 degrees for about 20 minutes.  Cool and store in a bag. We use for snacks, salad toppings, dessert toppings, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment